PDA

View Full Version : vista home desktop change to black

beso
09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
anyone can help me? i have vista home and my desktop background it turn black, i try to change it but its always come back to solid color black. and i try browse to my picture to change its doesnt come up and it just turn to black.

Mac
09-13-2007, 06:23 AM
lol you got pwned by microsoft mate. get a genuine copy of vista ;)

http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/public/US/wgavista/Flash.html

"There IS a Vista Black Screen of Death, but it has nothing to do with "anti-piracy" measures. It occurs when you try to resume your Vista PC from sleep mode, and all you get is a mouse pointer on a black screen while your hard drive grinds away forever"

idiot_savant
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
is vista really better than xp?

beso
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
hi mac,

my operating system is original im just bought the laptop in shop. just the desktop background is black, everything is ok, i try to change it will not change. i think there is connection in battery power and im dont know anything about configuraton of system. i dnt know why is the default of its. or there something to do policy setting but i dnt know how to do it.

beso
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
every one can help me my problem?

The Goatboy
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
If it has to do with power settings, then simply go to "Control "Panel", turn on classic settings and look for "Power Settings" or something like that. I don't have Vista in front of me so I'm doing my best to remember the screens. Once you're in the power settings turn off/disable sleep mode, hibernate or anything that resembles this. If the background doesn't initially go back to normal then power cycle the laptop and see if that does the trick.

If that doesn't do it then ?.