PDA

View Full Version : Human Flyer Passing Billboard?

JosephLeo
12-23-2009, 08:15 PM
I just found an awesome way to pass out flyers in high traffic areas. Normally when someone receives a flyer they just tend to ignore it, take it and drop it, or just simply take it and forget it. Well- you can't fix the first two, but this will definitely help you with the people who take it and forget it.

The Wearable Banner Display (http://www.displays2go.com/product.wide.asp?ID=7012)

It's a 19" x 47" (0.5 Meters x 1.2 Meters for all you metric folk) banner that is attached to a backpack with a built in carrying case for extra flyers and the like. It's only $200 and it comes with the banner as well- I'm thinking that this is an excellent idea for places like the beach, or the mall (although they might kick you out of there with this on) or even places that get a lot of foot traffic. I can imagine wearing this with a uniform and passing out flyers to potential customers- literally becoming a human advertisement.

But, what do you think guys- is it too cheesy?

Mushin
12-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I just found an awesome way to pass out flyers in high traffic areas. Normally when someone receives a flyer they just tend to ignore it, take it and drop it, or just simply take it and forget it. Well- you can't fix the first two, but this will definitely help you with the people who take it and forget it.

The Wearable Banner Display (http://www.displays2go.com/product.wide.asp?ID=7012)

It's a 19" x 47" (0.5 Meters x 1.2 Meters for all you metric folk) banner that is attached to a backpack with a built in carrying case for extra flyers and the like. It's only $200 and it comes with the banner as well- I'm thinking that this is an excellent idea for places like the beach, or the mall (although they might kick you out of there with this on) or even places that get a lot of foot traffic. I can imagine wearing this with a uniform and passing out flyers to potential customers- literally becoming a human advertisement.

But, what do you think guys- is it too cheesy?

Oh,..... Man... If you have the budget....

Get as many as you can but!!!! and as many people to walk around with them on to help you out and canvas different areas but..... do this!!!!

Put a big old banner on there that says... something that will get people to stop you and ask questions or sign up. Maybe offer a free tuneup or diagnostic service.

Something like.... "The Computer Repair Industry is unregulated!!

Free Report on Picking the right Service Company.

Then have a way to have them sign up for a free report or news letter or something.

This will do two things. You will get their info.. AND you will talk with people that are already in the market for repairs.

In contrast just passing out flyers is a shot in the dark like you said.

JosephLeo
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
If you have the budget
Get as many as you can but!!!! and as many people to walk around with them on to help you out and canvas different areas but..... do this!!!!

Well, let's see here. For the full setup we need to figure out the cost per laborer.

Backpack Billboard: $200
Uniform: $50
Flyers: $200 per 5k
Labor: $80/Day

A laborer will be able to pass out about 1,000 in a 5-Hour time frame @ $10/Hour for 5-days this comes out to 5,000 Cards and 25-Hours of labor.

In all this comes out to $700 per laborer. If I get maybe three laborers that's $2,100- plus myself (No uniform, labor cost) would come out to $2,500 for 5 days of advertising- or $500 per day.

Doesn't seem bad to me if I'm a retail shop- sadly I'm not so I'll stick with myself. I can probably get some family labor though as long as I just take the kids (16~18) feed them and let them hang out on my dollar afterwards...I have lots of family, so I can go that route- although they don't know too much about computers other than "Cousin Joe gets rid of viruses and fixes computers"

Xander
01-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't know. I know that some guys here are big on handing out flyers on the street and get some business for it. It seems to me, though, to be akin to begging for business, especially if its your business. If I saw someone doing it, it would say to me, "I'm not busy enough to be working at this time so I'm out here asking for more."
IF, if, if someone did flyers, I think it would have to be someone else showing up at the door or greeting you in the shop. Otherwise, it would be a credibility issue.

onetech4all
01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Or maybe you can design your own backpack billboard.
Everyone has a bad backpack sitting around in a corner, in your garage.:D
Who says you need to spend $200? A nice pair of pants and a shirt will do too.
Flyers, you can print yourself a couple of hundred; you don't need 5,000. Do it for a few hours a day in a busy area, mall, whatever.

If you have a slow day at the shop, you can do it yourself! Some people might have questions, that you can answer on the spot.

CompConfig
01-14-2010, 11:56 PM
You are in Chicago, I am in NYC, so our areas are similar. In NYC there is a lot of competition so anything you can do to get noticed will help.

schwags
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
better hope there isn't a strong breeze....:D

Tweak
01-23-2010, 05:02 AM
better hope there isn't a strong breeze....:D

Human FLYER would take on a whole new meaning! :D :D :D

callthatgirl
01-23-2010, 05:11 AM
well well, me likey!

I think I should make a few signs and have the interns walk around downtown Minneapolis for a busy afternoon or two.

Interns: free
Cost of a sign $8 each
Designer costs $50

I'm sure that we could figure out a way to use their backpacks for this marketing idea. I would consider buying it though and pay someone to walk around for a few hours, not a bad idea!