PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend descent and cheap online printing store based in the UK???

Gene
12-18-2009, 09:56 AM
It's for my leaflet and I've found alocalprinter.com...

They do 130gsm, A5, 5'000 copies for 105.

That's cheap though right???

And could anyone tell me the difference between 150gsm and 130gsm?

Thanks!:D

TechForce
12-18-2009, 10:32 PM
i used Print24.co.uk for my flyers and business cards,

the cards turned out great, the flyers were a complete mess however, looked nothing like the proof, im guessing they had a print error as various parts of the image came out with huge blocks overlaying the image, completely distorting it, they did however rectify the problem once i'd contacted them and sent me out another batch a few days later.

i paid in the range of 70 for the flyers + delivery and a screen proof, though looking at their site now they seem to be even cheaper again, thats for printing on 135gsm. and with a DL size of 210 x 105 mm (landscaped) or 105 x 210mm for it portrait

activeits
12-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I have done my own flyers, but used www.vistaprint.co.uk/amazon10. I got 500 business cards printed and P&P for 6.99. You have watchout for their special offers.

Thanks

PCSupportGlasgow
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
We just use one of the local printers in our area for our leaflets. At the start it more expensive than most online printers but as you get to know them and place regular orders prices can pretty much match the online ones.

Also for us the benefits outweighed the extra cost
1) keeps money locally
2) Easier to build busines relationship with them. So last minute changes or mistakes easy to rectify.
3) Easier to get on their promotional material - free adverts
4) Normally other people in their waiting area to help push your company to during any conversation whilst both waiting.
5) As your local mutual recommendations are common.

So that extra 5-10 can lead to extra sales worth 1000's.

Having said that we also use goodprint alot for busines cards especially for one off tester designs.

MM PC Solutions
12-21-2009, 05:07 AM
I used http://www.admiralprinters.com/ for my ncr pads and they are very high quality and at a good price. I would recommend these.

Ciaran
12-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I recommend www.macsprinting.co.uk

The same leaflets you were looking at would be 89 inc free shipping to mainland UK.

I ordered business cards from them and I have to say I was very impressed with the quality and fast turn around. I'll definitely be using them again for future printing work.

barry3652
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
A tip if you use your local printer and can spare the space at the bottom of the flyer ask him what discount you can get for letting him print his name on the bottom (I used to get between 5% and 15% depending on size of orders). get them to give you a price before you mention this to them then you know you actually get a discount.

Gene
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
i used Print24.co.uk for my flyers and business cards,

the cards turned out great, the flyers were a complete mess however, looked nothing like the proof, im guessing they had a print error as various parts of the image came out with huge blocks overlaying the image, completely distorting it, they did however rectify the problem once i'd contacted them and sent me out another batch a few days later.

i paid in the range of 70 for the flyers + delivery and a screen proof, though looking at their site now they seem to be even cheaper again, thats for printing on 135gsm. and with a DL size of 210 x 105 mm (landscaped) or 105 x 210mm for it portrait

Wow, definately the cheapest - thanks a lot!! +1