PDA

View Full Version : No Items in USB Drive

sheikdct1984
09-05-2007, 05:45 AM
I Have a Probelm in my PEN Drive... i Have 1gb Kingston Pen Drive.. In that drive i stored nearly 700 mb contenetd(Folders and Files).. When i put in Windows Xp PC and also click the pen drive letter, there will be no content.. but properties window of pen drive shows 700mb used.. What is the actual problem.. and what i do now for viewing my pen drive content in Windows Explorer.. Please Help Me....

Tony Marwick
09-05-2007, 08:10 AM
you could try going into the pen drive then click tools, folder options, then the view tab then look for "show hidden files and folders" click on that to set it to show them (no garantees)

sheikdct1984
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for ur reply.... I Already do the same Option that means I enable Show/Hide Folder Option... Please Tell me Another way...........

Bryce W
09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Can any other computer read the contents?

Try seeing if anything can be accessed via command line. Goto Start > Run and type in "cmd".

This will bring up the black command Window. then type:
(x being the drive letter of your USB drive)
x: <press enter>
dir <press enter>
Does this bring up the contents of the drive?

basic
09-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I Have a Probelm in my PEN Drive... i Have 1gb Kingston Pen Drive.. In that drive i stored nearly 700 mb contenetd(Folders and Files).. When i put in Windows Xp PC and also click the pen drive letter, there will be no content.. but properties window of pen drive shows 700mb used.. What is the actual problem.. and what i do now for viewing my pen drive content in Windows Explorer.. Please Help Me....

eck...I've never had the experience, personally, but I've been told by more senior technicians that if usb drives, or any solid state drives for that matter, fail because of reaching its limit for write and erase cycles that it is impossible to get the data back.

Edit: Almost impossible is a better description. Please correct me if I am wrong.

idiot_savant
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
eck...I've never had the experience, personally, but I've been told by more senior technicians that if usb drives, or any solid state drives for that matter, fail because of reaching its limit for write and erase cycles that it is impossible to get the data back.

Edit: Almost impossible is a better description. Please correct me if I am wrong.

how long have you been using your pen drive? I have a friend with the same problem before.......the USB drive is infected by a virus.......he just reformatted the USB.........