PDA

View Full Version : Autopatcher is no more :(

Simmy
08-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Very sad news :( Microsoft certainly know how to make people hate them :p

Today we received an e-mail from Microsoft, requesting the immediate take-down of the download page, which of course means that AutoPatcher is probably history. As much as we disagree, we can do very little, and although the download page is merely a collection of mirrors, we took the download page down.

We would like to thank you for your support. For the past 4 years, it has been a blast. Unfortunately, it seems like it's the end of AutoPatcher as we know it.

Comments are welcome...

Antonis Kaladis

Link (http://autopatcher.com/)

Luckily you can still download the latest August Core for XP x86 and probably others via torrents.

gunslinger
08-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Ah, microsoft strikes again. The only reason for this is that it was pretty much the only sure fire wga workaround. People would just disable auto updates and install autopatcher. I guess next they will go after bittorrent.

greggh
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
This is a sad sad day. Autopatcher is one of the best tools I give all my guys out in the field. Especially for customers who still have dialup.

thecoldone06
08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
You would think Microsoft themselves would realize people still have dialup and offer some sort of "autopatcher" themselves. I'm sure if we as techs do enough b**ching, maybe Microsoft will take notice.

youngwun0
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
You would think Microsoft themselves would realize people still have dialup and offer some sort of "autopatcher" themselves. I'm sure if we as techs do enough b**ching, maybe Microsoft will take notice.

Maybe we should threaten to install ubuntu linux on all our client's PC's :D

gunslinger
08-30-2007, 10:49 PM
The problem with microsoft is that at this point they feel invincible like nothing can touch them, and sadly they are right. Every tech on here could install Linux on every PC they see for the rest of there life and it wont effect business at microsoft one bit. This also explains why they charge the way they do for software. If 98% of people use your product you can charge whatever you want. Same for gas prices, its something everyone uses. If the price of gas went to $10 a gallon tomorrow everyone would have to pay it or not drive, simple as that.

Bryce W
08-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Guess all we can do is download the latest version of Autopatcher from the torrents. Your right gunslinger, they need to be taken down a peg.