PDA

View Full Version : Custom build gone wrong.....

Noodle2732
08-29-2007, 04:03 AM
I'm building a machine for my mate and they basiclly want it to look cool so i thought well they dont need asap so it can be a lil project for me, unnfortunately i decided to "mod" the PSU and after trying to run the machine up and it failing i realized i had put the pins of the 20pin mobo connector in the wrong way round, everything reverse. After correcting this the machine now boots but it does not respond to keyboard at boot and asks me to press F1 to continue, hence i cant go any further, i've tried using a usb keyboard but that doesn't workk either. I asuming that there's a setting for it in the bios which i cant get to. I would of thought that havig the pins the wrong way round wouldn't of caused any damage, considering there is a HP_OK cable that is supposed to stop the psu from suppling power unless it's ok, or thats what i thought. Anyone have any ideas or do i have to replace my mates mobo :(

Blues
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
It could have caused damage or it could be a defective board. I would try reseting CMOS and try digging up an old PS2 keyboard.