PDA

View Full Version : Mouse/Keyboard not responding

swany971
08-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Here's one for you guys, picked up a Dell today. The lady has a problem with viruses & malware. I removed the hd, then scanned it from my bench pc & I think I have that problem fixed, so I connected it back up & booted to find that my mouse & keyboard don't funtion. I have no way of logging in at the welcome screen. Her mouse & keyboard worked at her house. This pc also has no ps2 ports so i'm going off USB for both. I've tried different mice, no difference. I can tell the pc isn't froze at the welcome screen, since the screensaver moves around if I let it sit long enough. I'm wondering if a service could be stopped? Or does windows need to log in & install them before I can use them? What gives....any suggestions???

AnotherTechGuy
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
swany971 abit of a common problem I have ran into from time to time on Dell and Gateway certain models that only has USB for the Keyboard and mouse. I found that the keyboard and mouse that shipped with the system works everytime. So I had to ask the customer for there KB and Mouse.

I am looking into picking up a true dell USB keyboard and mouse same doe Gateway just to have on hand in the shop..

Someone may have a different fix

swany971
08-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Yep, the mouse would only work in one of the USB ports too. Thanks AnotherTechGuy.