PDA

View Full Version : Business Status in User Profiles

JosephLeo
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Bryce. I thought it'd be nice if we can have in the user profile section a new profile option called "Business Status" or maybe "Business Type" with the options as followed.
Retail Shop
Office
Home/Garage
On the Side

Sure "Job Title" might fit, but it's not exactly the right place for it.

I think it'd be great if it shown up in the forum posts (right under where it says Location) as well so people can judge whether or not the advice they're getting is coming from experience or a guess. For example- I can only guess on topics about the responsibilities of a retail owner.

Mushin
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey Bryce. I thought it'd be nice if we can have in the user profile section a new profile option called "Business Status" or maybe "Business Type" with the options as followed.
Retail Shop
Office
Home/Garage
On the Side

Sure "Job Title" might fit, but it's not exactly the right place for it.

I think it'd be great if it shown up in the forum posts (right under where it says Location) as well so people can judge whether or not the advice they're getting is coming from experience or a guess. For example- I can only guess on topics about the responsibilities of a retail owner.

This is a good idea and would help us to frame our answers to questions for the particular individual. It would also allow people to understand where we are coming from.

Great Advice.

0gr3
11-23-2009, 06:54 PM
+1

Sounds like a great idea.

Mr I
11-23-2009, 08:30 PM
+1 I like the idea

RevivedCS
11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
+1. I think that's a great idea!

Bryce W
11-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I like this idea. Perhaps make it say how long they have been in business? Like, planning to start, 1 year, 2 year etc.. If someone asks a newbie question and are marked as "planning to start up" then it makes more sense that it was a newbie question.

JosephLeo
12-01-2009, 04:44 AM
I like this idea. Perhaps make it say how long they have been in business? Like, planning to start, 1 year, 2 year etc.. If someone asks a newbie question and are marked as "planning to start up" then it makes more sense that it was a newbie question.

:D That's even better.

So- let's see what we have here.

Business Status (Part-Time, Full-Time, Full-Time w/Office, Retail Shop)
Business Age (Starting Out, 1 to 4 Years, 5 to 10 Years, 10+ Years...maybe?)

I like it even more. This should be pretty easy to implement Bryce- add custom profile fields and then modify the "post.tpl" or whatever vBulletin calls their template file for posts to include the user profiles variable data and vuala.

luis20
12-25-2009, 05:47 PM
sounds good...one more vote...

CompConfig
12-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I am very new here so maybe i get 1/2 a vote LOL but I like the idea too

BryanLee
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea. It would allow you to give feedback a little more directed to the individual.

PCSupportGlasgow
12-28-2009, 10:00 PM
i like it :D then again the schemantics will all be in the wording.