PDA

View Full Version : Customer Newsletters

Simmy
08-19-2007, 01:58 PM
After looking at a few competitor's websites, I noticed one of them has a regular newsletter offering hints and tips. Personally, I think it sounds like a great idea and a great way to keep your company in the customer's mind. A monthly or quarterly newsletter certainly wouldn't be too taxing.

Does anyone else do this? How have you found it?

greggh
08-19-2007, 03:13 PM
We do a monthly newsletter. It usually has something about our new offerings followed by a tip of the month. A lot of our customers really like it.

greggh
08-19-2007, 04:59 PM
On the workorder that our guys in the field use it has a checkbox. The tech asks them at the end if they would be interested in it and if they want it, he/she checks it off and we add them when the paperwork shows up.

Bryce W
08-19-2007, 05:48 PM
I can see that "the tip of the month" part would prevent it from having a spammy/junk mail tone, good idea. With your newsletter, is it something that your members signup to though your site or are all clients added? Is it an email or paper mailing?

cmonova
08-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I use Constant Contact for our newletters. They even have super templates you can pick from. I have a sign up right on the website and if a tech goes to a customers house they can enter the email right while on site (of course it has an opt-out built in, but nobody has ever used it).

I think a monthly newletter is pushing it. You will be hard pressed to come out with interesting enough things to justify sending it out. I think you are much better sending out a quarterly one. Plus if done monthly the customer might get kind of tired of them. A quarterly one you can put interesting articles and also maybe a "small" special for customers.

Holzster
09-24-2007, 03:40 AM
I have a tip sheet I hand out at networking events - A good program to use to make it is:

Scribus ~ http://www.scribus.net/

It is open source so it is free - easy to learn - Powerfull & cross platform!!

I do get call from these & sometimes get asked for back issues

Holzster