PDA

View Full Version : Home Users Compared To Businesses

swany971
08-18-2007, 10:24 PM
So far all 10-12 of my clients have been home users, but I'm thinking about trying to advertise to some local businesses in my neighborhood. Can someone please tell me how it differs fixing a pc for a home user compared to a business? And is it important for a business to sign some sort of agreement before you touch their computer? Thanks in advance.

rurbaniak
08-19-2007, 04:14 AM
So far all 10-12 of my clients have been home users, but I'm thinking about trying to advertise to some local businesses in my neighborhood. Can someone please tell me how it differs fixing a pc for a home user compared to a business? And is it important for a business to sign some sort of agreement before you touch their computer? Thanks in advance.

Businesses require more. Now you're dealing with a network, either small workgroup, or a domain. Active Directory, Backup software, custom applications, Exchange server, SQL server, terminal server, etc. etc.

The basics you learn with the residential customers you can use on the business customers as well. Your going to have things thrown at you that you'll have to learn on the fly. But there's nothing like experience to build you portfolio of things you know how to do. Also, don't be afraid to turn down something because it's over your head.