PDA

View Full Version : Service Tag Request

BIGDAWG2009
11-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Does anyone have any service tag business card templates they are willing to share?

sjc@blainecs
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't have any templates available as they all contain our logo but I do have an idea concerning service tags that has helped us. We looked at a few company's that would print service tag stickers for us but all of them were pretty expensive when we first started. So we went to an office supply store and bought a little Dymo printer with the small labels. We created a simple Service tag with our name, website and Serial Number and stuck it on the machine.

We were able to buy the machine and 1000 stickers for less than the printers wanted for a single run of 100. This approach also allows us to print on demand and change the design at any time if we want to.

It may not work for everyone out there but it was a good idea for us when we first launched.

Hope that helps

Steve

alsTech
11-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Excellent idea! That helps me, thanks

RalphP
12-01-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd also consider the Brother PTouch series - they have several PC connectable printers, and even Desktop/PC Connectable printers (you can take them in the field for, say, labeling the cords into a switch or router, and switch to a different cart for the warranty tag.)

I'd link, but I'm a newbie, and can't post links yet ... But Brother has a nice web presence. Buy.COM has had them for very cheap at times, on special (under $20 for the $70 unit I use).

RwP