PDA

View Full Version : What's your ratio? residential to business customers.

rurbaniak
08-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Curious to who everyone is targeting, and what you are getting.

Our ration is 80% Business to 20% residential customer. We really don't go to peoples homes, just walk in customers.

We've got big window sign up for years, and just recently put up a sign up out near the street that we take in and out every night. This sign has generated more walk in customers, most of them who never even noticed the big letters in the windows before. So we're trying to add more residental through different ways, but prefer the business customers which we mainly get from referrals, or the yellow pages.

gunslinger
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Actually I would say most of my business is residential customers, maybe 90%but I do make house calls.

Bryce W
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I am 90% home and 10% business. However, I am trying to shift those figures a bit more to the business side.

greggh
08-02-2007, 05:30 AM
We are about 75% residential and 25% business. But business makes up over 50% of our revenue. A couple years ago business was only about 5-8% of our total, we have been working hard to get that number up.

wizy
08-02-2007, 12:33 PM
about 50/50

breadtrk
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
My situation is unique. My shift at the Sheriff's Office is weekend nights so I have all week to run my business. I live kind of rural and take care of most of my neighbors and their friends and families so some of that work turns out to be bartering. I have a few commercial accounts with maintenance contracts that are the real bread and butter. My big cash gigs are for PI's doing forensics on spouses or their commercial clients machines. Won't even talk to those folks for less than a weeks pay and triple if I have to go testify.

So I'd say about 30% residential, 65% standard businesses, and 5% forensics.

I would love for the forensics to become the mainstay, that is what I'm working for.

jimmm33
09-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm about 50-50. However most of the residential/home users are employees of the companies I service.

Holzster
09-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Mine is 80% Business 20% home - but I do not market to the home user just word of mouth.

bubba zen
09-20-2007, 07:29 AM
My business primarily caters to residential computer users. My first foray into the computer repair business was geared toward business users, but there wasn't enough business in my area to sustain that business model. I changed to residential as a mobile service working from my home and now I'm preparing to open a new sales and service location to accomodate my growth.
It's really important to adapt to your market's needs.