PDA

View Full Version : Not able to access internet explorer

robart
07-26-2007, 01:04 AM
My Internet Explorer has been hijacked (i.e. my browser web page cannot be changed from a site that I don't want). What can I do?

Mac
07-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Hello robart. Sounds like a real emergency.
Don’t worry though I can connect to your computer online and have you fixed up in 10 mins.

$210.00 Remote service per hour (min 3 hours)
$200.00 Emergency surcharge
$175.00 After hours surcharge
=======
$1005.00
$ 105.00 +GST
=======
$1105.5

Hows that for robart?

tauzin23
07-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Hey robart,

Note: You might have to use another computer to download the software below if you cannot access any websites from Internet Explorer.

First thing I would do is:
Download and install a copy of Spysweeper (14-day Trial version)
Make sure you do a update of definitions before doing a full system scan.

Next I would download and install a copy of:
Spybot Search and destroy (Free program)

After that I would download and install a copy of:
Ad-aware 2007 (Free program)

I would also download and install Autoruns.
This will show you any nasties that are starting up with windows.
You can delete any of the entries not needed.

Also sometimes after unistalling spyware from your system... it's possible for your TCP/IP stack to get messed up. I recommend running WinSock XP Fix 1.2 this is also a Free program.

Once you are sure the machine has no spyware left.
I would recommend using Mozilla Firefox (Free Web Browser)
and NOT use Internet Explorer anymore.
Firefox is way better and is less prone to spyware latching on to it.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck! :)

Buzz
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM
*This is an advertisement post from the author Robart, the author will come under another name and persaude you to try Spyware Sweeper which is a deceptive anti-spyware program

(not to be confused with Spysweeper from the company Webroot which is a legitimate program)

Here is a description of Spyware Sweeper...

Spyware Sweeper is a fake antispyware application from the family of IGetNet. Spyware Sweeper is designed to goad users into purchasing its full version. Spyware Sweeper may be pushed to your machine by a nefarious Trojan or may come bundled with other malicious applications. Spyware Sweeper is a corrupt program because it uses deceptive advertising tactics by issuing fake notifications stating that your computer is in danger. Once installed on your machine, Spyware Sweeper may recognize legitimate files as a potential threat and will urge to remove them by paying for the full version of Spyware Sweeper program. Spyware Sweeper may appear very hard to remove manually because of its resistance to manual removal and ability to recreate itself.

For more info on Spyware Sweeper and how to remove once infected visit http://www.spywareremove.com/removeSpywareSweeper.html

-Buzz