PDA

View Full Version : Infected plz help

trader12
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I was infected with either a virus or spyware earlier today. I was able to use system restore to get to where I am functioning again but I do not believe all is well. I ran adaware, Norton and spybot. Spybot had some artifacts that it could not remove. Norton found two entries. I have yet to reboot for fear that the malware will reappear. I need desperate help. Thanks in advance for any help.

greggh
07-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Try Spyware Terminator. Its free, and is active. Do a full scan with it, I gave it a shot yesterday (thanks to someone on this forum) and was pleasantly suprised.

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

robart
07-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Download any free anti-spyware program that can help you to remove the infection.
I recommend you to download the program called Spyware sweeper from <URL Removed> This will manually remove the spyware, which is hijacking your browser. You would find detailed instructions at the site.

Buzz
07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
*This is an advertisement post that will persaude you to try Spyware Sweeper which is a deceptive anti-spyware program

(not to be confused with Spysweeper from the company Webroot which is a legitimate program)

Here is a description of Spyware Sweeper...

Spyware Sweeper is a fake antispyware application from the family of IGetNet. Spyware Sweeper is designed to goad users into purchasing its full version. Spyware Sweeper may be pushed to your machine by a nefarious Trojan or may come bundled with other malicious applications. Spyware Sweeper is a corrupt program because it uses deceptive advertising tactics by issuing fake notifications stating that your computer is in danger. Once installed on your machine, Spyware Sweeper may recognize legitimate files as a potential threat and will urge to remove them by paying for the full version of Spyware Sweeper program. Spyware Sweeper may appear very hard to remove manually because of its resistance to manual removal and ability to recreate itself.

For more info on Spyware Sweeper and how to remove once infected visit http://www.spywareremove.com/removeSpywareSweeper.html

-Buzz