PDA

View Full Version : [For Sale] Windows XP Pro x64 SP2 OEM

TechGuy71
10-21-2009, 12:14 AM
I have two Windows XP Pro x64 SP2 OEM that I don't think I need. I bought them for new PC builds but found out after they were installed that their proprietary software wouldn't run on x64. So they have been installed and activated, but as you know it's not a big deal to get them activated on a different computer. The Product Key stickers were never removed from the inside of the cases, so they are there and intact. They are genuine, I bought them from Newegg. Anyway, I kept them around for a while thinking I might use them myself but never have, so thought I would see if it's something anyone is looking for. They're currently $139.99 at Newegg... so I'd let them go for less than that for sure. If you need them just let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks

BostonGeek1
10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
sorry they've already been activated. Just cuz you're not 'using the pc's doesn't mean they haven't been used up. :)

Cue
10-23-2009, 12:50 AM
He means that you can activate Windows XP OEM on another computer, you just have to call MS and do it "by hand".

Don't know if its legal though.
But don't believe in the EULA to much, check with consumer law first, MS makes the EULA for itself not for the consumer, they cross some consumer law in the process (at least here in Iceland).