PDA

View Full Version : I have a Trojan!!

robart
07-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I got this Trojan Virus from a 'Noble Poker' program I haven’t used in years. My Norton Anti-Virus and XsoftSpySE wont get rid of it. Is there anyone out there that can help me remove it before my computer crashes?

Buzz
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey Robart

Try KillBox you can get it here...http://killbox.net/

KillBox is a tool to delete in-use files, if the file is running, KillBox will attempt to end the process (close the running file) and delete it.

Enter the location of the file and select the option you wish to kill / delete or replace the file with.

The KillBox site also has documentation on the use of the program if you need that information.

I have got rid of a few Trojans with this.

-Buzz

Mac
07-07-2007, 04:25 PM
One thing with malware, they all have to start up again after the computer is rebooted. Find the start up entry and delete it. No more trojan.
You say it’s old so it’s probably a run key in the registry or it’s installed as a service. Could be an active x key which all the kids use now. Could be in a number of places. If you know the name of the executable file search the registry for it.
If you don’t know what your doing forget everything I just said or you could mess up your computer. If all else fails…. Google = God … ask and yi shall receive ;)

Blues
07-07-2007, 04:33 PM
I used to delete things by rebooting in safe mode after getting software to ID the file. I would reboot into safe mode with command prompt and from there delete as nothing has been called to start up yet so you have exclusive access to most the files. Haven't done it in a while as haven't had a need.

Bryce W
07-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Try killbox as Buzz said, if you need some help on how to use it, check out this tutorial:
http://www.technibble.com/delete-those-undeletable-viruses-with-our-killbox-tutorial/

marina_meggy
07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
I recommend you to download the free program called Spy ware sweeper from <URL Removed> This is one of the very few tested anti-spy ware programs that can help you to remove the Trojan successfully. You would find detailed instructions at the site

Buzz
07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Do not download the Program that marina_meggy recommends because it is a Rogue program (a fake spyware remover and is actually malware).

Here is a little information on it..

Spyware Sweeper is a rogue antispyware program that is often downloaded and installed by Trojans, through browser security exploits, or via other nefarious mechanisms. SpywareSweeper launches on Windows startup and may generate excessive popup adverts. It will also display notifications of imaginary security risks in its attempts to get the user to purchase the full version. This program can be extremely difficult to remove manually, and will continue to try to recreate itself. Spyware Sweeper is from the same family as IGetNet.

This program is not to be confused with Spysweeper from Webroot.. as they would like it to be confused with.

Always do research on Anti-Spyware and Virus programs before installing them, as there are many Rogue programs for download on the Internet.

-Buzz

Bryce W
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Locked the topic. Keep this thread around for example purposes of this type of rogue program spreading.