PDA

View Full Version : Veneer, Laminates, Vinyl sheets...where!?

JosephLeo
10-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Hey guys, this is General Chat so I should be within my legal limits of posting this here.

Anyone know of a place that I can buy some sort of veneer/laminate/vinyl sheets for my workbench project?

I'm looking for a faux-carbon fiber 3'x8' laminate that I can just glue onto some fiberboard for a really nifty look.

I would go with real carbon fiber- but for that size it would cost me $1,063.13 (http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=78&p=3) + shipping...and that's without the glue. My total budget for the entire project is only $500...this sheet alone is more than double that.

angry_geek
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Home Depot has a pretty good selection of different laminates. Check there or with some local cabinetry shops.

JosephLeo
10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Home Depot has a pretty good selection of different laminates. Check there or with some local cabinetry shops.

Never thought of that :D. But then again- my only experience with building was with my grandfather who needed to renovate his house under $2000 and didn't want professional help so he hired his 12 grandsons to do the work...we did it pretty good. R.I.P. grandpa......where is this thread going again?

Thanks Angry_Geek for your help. I'll check at home depot. I hope they have some carbon fiber texture- or maybe even diamond plate, faux stainless steel- and rubber :D