PDA

View Full Version : Zolved (not spam)

Sinny
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I recently found a remote program that is very simple and easy to use. It is called Zolved and can be found at zolved.com. It is a one time use remote program. The way it works is you download the Zolved Remote Control Viewer and the client downloads Zolved Remote Control. When the client runs their side of it it will give them an 8 digit pin code that you use to remote into their computer. It is a one time use code which means when you are done and you close the program you cannot use that code to get back into it. They will have to reopen their side and give you the new pin. It works great for small problems and the clients I have worked with like it because they dont have to set anything up and it will allow me to view their machine only when they want me to. It has saved me from having to do ALOT of simple service calls and makes following up with clients very easy. I hope yall enjoy it and thanks again for this wonderful site!

MM PC Solutions
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Looks interesting & have yet to find a bad review on it so I may give it a whirl in a safe environment.

Thanks.

Tweak
10-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Sounds like an app I like, I prefer the portable version of it... Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx).

ProTech Support
10-09-2009, 05:40 AM
I like the FAQ section of the site, the guy seems to have a very comical side.

6. Does Zolved record my sessions on its servers?

No, we've got our own problems. We aren't interested in the ones you are trying to solve ;-)

8. What is unique about Zolved free Remote Control?

1. Easy to use
2. It is Free!!!
3. It starts with a 'Z'

As for the program itself, I have seen a few like this. They are good for quick fixes.

SCR12
10-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Looks good, going to give it a try later, i liked crossloop as it was easy to use, same idea with putting a code in to connect, but i found the connection drop outs were bad and unprofessional, so i stopped using it and have not found one i like yet.

ProTech Support
10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Looks good, going to give it a try later, i liked crossloop as it was easy to use, same idea with putting a code in to connect, but i found the connection drop outs were bad and unprofessional, so i stopped using it and have not found one i like yet.

Same here, I could not deal with the reconnecting every 3 minutes.

Sinny
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I haven't had any connection problems. The only thing I have had a problem with is I have to keep calling people back to get new codes after reboot but that isn't too bad of a problem.

SCR12
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I haven't had any connection problems. The only thing I have had a problem with is I have to keep calling people back to get new codes after reboot but that isn't too bad of a problem.

That i can live with, it was the connection drop outs on crossloop that were the problem for me as i would have to phone the customer every 2 mins to get reconnected again, looked bad on me, and i hoped this one did not do the same.
The reconnection after a reboot is easy to explain to the customer if they ask but having to explain to the customer why they have to keep reconnecting you is a different matter, and you can hear then getting peed off.

dhrandy
10-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I've used it. You did forget one thing, it's free for commercial use. Teamviewer is not.

Tweak
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I've used it. You did forget one thing, it's free for commercial use. Teamviewer is not.

GREAT point, I tend to use TV helping friends mre than anything else.