PDA

View Full Version : OnForce web tech service....

chillihead
07-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Anyone here participate in Onforce.com calls? The idea is great, but after reading in their forums, it appears that work is sparse for most and you struggle to get anything the first year. That cant be good.

This brings up another good question. If all these (techs) on Onforce are just sitting in their house waiting for jobs to pop up in their area all day on the web site, is this a reflection of how saturated the market is in the PC repair business? Why don't they start their own service company?

dicklaw18
07-01-2007, 06:26 PM
i dont think it means that the markets to satuated, i just think it means this site doesnt isnt very well known. I also think that most of the techs that are registered on their probaly do their own thing on the side, or have a regular job, and are probaly on multiple sites like that.

rurbaniak
07-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Anyone here participate in Onforce.com calls? The idea is great, but after reading in their forums, it appears that work is sparse for most and you struggle to get anything the first year. That cant be good.

This brings up another good question. If all these (techs) on Onforce are just sitting in their house waiting for jobs to pop up in their area all day on the web site, is this a reflection of how saturated the market is in the PC repair business? Why don't they start their own service company?

We just signed up a month and a half ago. We've received to notices for Jobs, and missed one, and the other we couldn't make because it need to be done NOW.

We're a small business, and have other clients, and the only reason we signed up for Onforce, is because more business couldn't hurt. We're not sitting around waiting for emails from Onforce in other words..

greggh
07-08-2007, 07:33 AM
We only service the New England area (MA, RI, NH.) So when we get calls outside of our area we needed to do something, and hanging up on them wasnt the way to go. So we signed up with onforce and started contracting out the work. This gave us some national availability, but it wasnt worth it. The work done was always bad. Out of over 100 calls done we had the same number of support calls come in asking "wtf was that asshole you sent me, he was a moron and i want my money back" or saying "the guy is here now and wants money, im not paying, he doesnt even know more than *I* do, and didnt solve the problem."

We had nothing but trouble with them. Add to that the problems with actually dealing with OnForce themselves. Wow is that company one hard company to deal with. I was very happy when we gave up on them. Now we just tell people outside of our areas to check the yellow pages and look online or use 411. We would love to work with a national provider like OnForce, just not OnForce.

SandTech
10-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I registered for Onforce last week, already received three jobs, all easy once total of $430. So I believe the jobs are there if you have the knowledge. and immediate computer access to accept the work order.